When I lived as a hearing person, it limited me. When I lived as a Deaf person, it set me free.
Philip Mecham (@deaf258) joins me in an experimental podcast.
Philip is deaf, is non speaking (at least publicly). I am not. Let's see if we can talk via skype and record it.
Leaving in just a bit of our pre-show struggles. We struggled for over an hour before we got going. We tried to get a male interpreter, so Philip could have a male voice for the show, but it didn't work out.
I have attempted to edit out the interpreters when they give their operator #'s (I thought it best). I tried to remove all the dialing that was going on.
No Music this episode.
- Being born deaf, testing, diagnosis
- EHDI hearing test
- Audism Free America- AFA's 5 Demands of EHDI
- Growing up in an oral world
- Life altering decision- made at 5 yrs. old!
- Bilingual, Bicultural Dr. Joseph Valente - Hearing The Unheard
- ASL = American Sign Language
- Differences in deaf schools
- DBC Deaf Bilingual Coalition
- AFA Audism Free America
- Not Autism- AUDISM!
- Audism article on Wikipedia
- Cochlear Implants
- My Fair Lady
- Ipods and hearing loss
- Audiologists and The Cochlear Dilemma
- Baby Sign Language
- Trouble with Dad
- Dropped Call
- TTY vs. VRS
- ASL Inside
- National Association of the Deaf
- Registry of Interpreters for The Deaf
- Social Networking